Top ten engagement rings for every budget
Laurence proposed to me on Maracas Bay (pictured above) in Trinidad. We were on holiday there for Carnival. I knew it was going to happen at some point but I didn’t know when. Apparently I gave him little opportunity as I hardly ever agreed to being alone, saying that we needed to see friends and family – not at all on purpose, mind!
He found this a total nightmare and eventually insisted we take a walk down the beach on our own. I actually started to argue with him about something or other when he got down on a knee and there it was. The ring.
It was beautiful. Of course, it didn’t really matter what it looked like but I’m not sure I would have taken him seriously without it. The fact that he’d been carrying around this precious object for weeks, trying to figure out when to present it to me told me that he was sure.
Engagement rings mean different things to different people. I have friends who have the biggest rocks I’ve ever seen and others who’ve opted to have something wooden or tattooed. For me, my engagement ring is the first piece of real jewelry I’ve owned as an adult. It’s not the most expensive thing out there but I still look at it and remember the excitement of that day on the beach with the guy I love kneeling in the sand.
With this in mind, I’m welcoming celebrity jeweller and founder of Vashi.com, Vashi Dominguez’s top ten engagement rings for every budget. But first a word from Vashi:
“Beautifully crafted diamond engagement rings do not have to break your bank or cost thousands of pounds to obtain one. There are four factors that will determine the cost of a diamond – the carat weight (size), clarity (amount of imperfections within a diamond), cut and the colour. When purchasing one it is important that you buy from a reputable brand under the Kimberley Process to avoid purchasing unethically sourced stones.”
Top Ten Engagement Rings for Every Budget (pictured above)
1. Diamond cluster ring – £419
2. Bespoke Marquise cut 18k White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring – £798
3. Round Cut 0.25 Carat DVS1 18k White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring – £815
4. Diamond and Blue Sapphire Ring in 9k White Gold – £999
5. Round Cut 0.37 Carat DVVS1 18k White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring – £1,376
6. Round Cut 0.45 Carat Blue Sapphire Side Stone Engagement Ring in 18k White Gold – £1,537
7. Round Cut 0.57 Carat Side Stones Engagement Ring in 18k White Gold – £1,879
8. Round Cut 0.9 Carat Side Stones Engagement Ring in 18k White Gold – £2,012
9. Round Cut 0.66 Carat Three Stone Engagement Ring in Platinum – £2,312
10. Round Cut 0.74 Carat Halo Engagement Ring with Side Stones in Platinum – £3,067
Collection presented by Vashi.com
See my disclosure for more information